For many of us, our Via de Cristo pilgrim weekend was truly a “once in a lifetime” experience. In three short days we had a chance to take stock of our lives, consider God’s call and commit to living out a response to that call in our “fourth day”. For many years, the ALVDC movement has retained the “once in a lifetime” nature of a pilgrim weekend through a simple practice. A person could only be a pilgrim once and from that point forward they could serve on a team but there was no going back to repeat that pilgrim weekend.
In the last few months, the secretariat has been reviewing a practice that exists in some other movements around the country. Some of these movements allow members of their community to attend a “renewal” weekend as a complement to the pilgrim weekend and serving on a team.
Why would someone want to attend a Renewal Weekend?
- To reconnect with their pilgrim weekend experience. To hear what God has to say to them at this later point in their life.
- To reconnect with the Via de Cristo community, or to learn about ALVDC if their pilgrim weekend was with a different movement.
- To accompany and support a friend or family member as that individual attends as a pilgrim.
What would it be like for you to attend a Renewal Weekend?
- You would participate in all of the activities alongside the pilgrims as a member of a table group.
- You would not be a silent professor or have any role other than that of a participant.
- You could be open with tablemates that you have been on a weekend before but not reveal any of the surprises to come.
If you feel that you are being called to spend some dedicated time with God and need a spiritual retreat, consider making a renewal weekend.
As we explore how to make the best use of renewal weekends, we would like to open this opportunity to the community. If you are interested or just want to know more, can contact one of the secretariat members to learn more.
Via de Cristo
Back to the Mountain
Renew and Remember
Don’t miss this special event!
Remember the special moments when you made your Via de Cristo weekend? Atlanta Lutheran Via de Cristo is hosting an event to help you relive those times. We invite you to get away and revisit that Spiritual Renewal. Come for worship, speakers, fellowship, prayer, music and renewal!
SAVE THE DATE:
November 9, 10 & 11, 2018
More information will be coming soon
Back to the Mountain will be held at the beautiful McKanna-Sandrock Retreat Center at LutherRanch, Tallapoosa GA
Atlanta Lutheran Via de Cristo alvdc.org or find us on facebook